During my recent wanderings around my favourite blogs, I came across a challenge that seems right up my street but I had somehow missed the initial sign-up for (it started 1st January). Never one to be deterred by being late, however, and given it is still January, I have decided to sign-up now. It’s the Cloak and Dagger Challenge hosted by Stormi at books, movies, reviews oh my! and Barb at Booker Ts Farm. Here’s how it works:
- You can read any book that is from the mystery/suspense/thriller/crime genres. Any sub-genres are welcome as long as they incorporate one of these genres.
- You don’t need a blog to participate but you do need a place to post your reviews to link up (blog, goodreads, booklikes, shelfari, etc.)
- You make a goal post and link it back to the sign-up page with your goal for this challenge (which is this post here)
- Books need to be novellas or novels, please no short stories. (At least 100 pages +)
- Crossovers into other challenges are fine
- The Challenge will be from Jan. 1st to Dec. 31st (Sign up ends April 15th)
There will be a monthly link up so that others can check out your progress and look at your reviews. At the halfway mark and at the end there will be a giveaway for those participating.
As with all good challenges there are levels based on how much you read / can commit to:
- 5-15 books – Amateur sleuth
- 16-25 books – Detective
- 26-35 books – Inspector
- 36 – 55 – Special agent
- 56+ books – Sherlock Holmes
Plus a “bonus” challenge of finishing a series (or more).
Books of this genre are my main reads, plus I’ve given myself a more challenging goodreads target this year, so I’m going to try and become Sherlock Holmes and read at least 56 books. I’m also going to try and finish the M. J. Arlidge DI Helen Grace series plus one other tbd.
Can you tell I’m excited by this one? Fingers crossed nothing gets in the way of my reading or I don’t suddenly decide that I’m really a romance and roses vs. murder and mayhem kind of girl.
Wish me luck!