If, like me, you find yourself with enough hot cross buns left to see yourself through to next Easter (when I will once again vow not to buy quite so many) , you might want to try turning them into a variation on a Bread and Butter Pudding.
To make you will need:
4 Hot Cross Buns
Butter (enough for four buns)
350 ml milk
50 ml Cream
3 tbsp of caster sugar
1. Cut the hot cross buns into three slices (horizontally). Butter.
2. Layer in an oven proof dish. If you prefer a sweeter pudding you can sprinkle sugar between the layers.
3. Mix the milk and cream together. Heat over a low heat, stirring constantly until warmed through, but not boiling.
4. Beat the eggs. Slowly add the milk the pour over the buns. Sprinkle over the sugar.
5. Bake at 180 for about 30 minutes.
The top will be golden brown. Serve straight away with cream, Crème fraîche, or ice-cream.
p.s. This post is linking in with Weekend Cooking with Beth Fish Reads, a weekly anything related to food meme.